Hatter

Ryan F. Mercer
Site Admin

Re: Hatter

Post by Ryan F. Mercer » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:31 pm

Name That Organism

The organism is usually found growing in moist soil. Starting as small irregular nodules of various carbon composites, nutrients are drawn from the soil and water, enlarging the number and size of nodules. An equally dense array of thin filiments begin to form, extending nutrients to a flat and ever expanding mass.

As the organism extends its reach, it is able to draw on important organic compounds found deeper in the soil. At this stage its activity cycle speeds up and gets longer. It begins to luminess and remain more active at night.

Much like a fungus, pinheads start to form in the densist portions of the central mass. These taller structures are formed from a skeletal lattice work of minerals, giving them strength and flexibity. It is at this point we see a more fully developed nervous system take shape, capable of organizing sensory input and internal resource management, thus signaling the organisms developing sexual maturity.

No such organism has yet been observed developing beyond this point. But evidence suggests it is a multi-stage lifeform, like the medusa and jellyfish (each reproduces the other). The offspring are smaller and completely mobile. They swim from food source to food source, endlessly reproducing themselves within the galactic sea. For the organism I describe, is human civilization.

Ryan F. Mercer
Site Admin

Re: Hatter

Post by Ryan F. Mercer » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:33 pm

I should probably mention, some of these were actually written for specific individuals I encountered while on MySpace. They know who they are. Or more accurately, they know themselves.